DEREHAM THEATRE COMPANY
GUIDELINES FOR PERFORMERS
SUBSCRIPTIONS & FEES:
· An annual Membership Subscription of £25.00 (£15.00 for those under 19 on or after 01/09/2016) is to be paid by all cast members no later than the first rehearsal of any given production. Paul Allum and Heather Neave will collect all monies owed at this point. Please note: your Subscription covers your insurance costs on our property and failure to make payment at the first rehearsal will mean you will be ineligible to take part in the show.
· All Principal actors are expected to pay for scripts and/or scores. Script charges are to be decided by the Committee ahead of the show and potential cast members will be notified before auditions.
· In addition, the Committee may choose to charge an additional ‘Show Fee’. This will be decided by the Committee ahead of the show and potential cast members will be notified before auditions.
· Whilst payment of the Membership Subscription at the first rehearsal is non-negotiable, if you are unable to pay script charges and/or Show Fee, a payment plan can be arranged in consultation with the Treasurer. Please notify us ahead of the first rehearsal.
· Show-branded clothing is often arranged during the run. Cast members are not obligated to purchase these items.
· By agreeing to the terms on the Audition page of the website, you have guaranteed that you will attend all rehearsals for which you are called (informing the production team in advance of any exceptions), give your priority to this production and attend all essential rehearsals. Failure to do so may result in your participation in this production being reviewed.
· All people on the property must mark their entrance and exit from The Studio in the show check list. This is to be found on the notice board, near the stairs. Please only fill this in on the day of a rehearsal and not before or after.
· Only Current Members of Dereham Theatre Company are permitted to be on our property, due to the terms of our insurance policy, unless with the permission of the Chair (i.e. potential new Members taking a tour of the building, maintenance operatives, etc.). Only cast, production team (Director, Musical Director, Choreographer, Production Manager, where applicable) and Committee Members are permitted on the property during rehearsals. Technical and Stage crew will be permitted at the behest of the Director or Stage Manager. No exceptions.
· If you are unable to make a rehearsal, please inform the Production Manager.
· If the Director and/or production team is dissatisfied with a cast member’s commitment they can apply to the Committee to have the cast member replaced (as per Grievance Procedure guidelines – see separate document).
· Dereham Theatre Company actively encourages under 16s, from or outside our youth division, DOSYTCo, to take part in our productions, usually (though not exclusively) on our Annual pantomimes.
· If you are the parent/guardian of a cast member aged 16 and under, you are expected to offer your services as a chaperone across the rehearsal and production run. If you, as parent/guardian, are in the cast yourself or part of the production, you will be expected to provide an additional chaperone.
· As per ‘Children in Performance’ guidelines, those aged 16 years or under are only expected to attend rehearsals they are called for, where chaperones are provided. They will not be permitted to attend rehearsals where there are no chaperones.
· For further information, please contact our Child Protection Officer, Natasha Wilson-Gotobed, on Natasha.firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Whilst DTCo has a strong Publicity Team, cast members are required to take part in any promotional work necessary for the show, i.e., flyer drops, radio/television appearances, photographic shoots,etc. Wherever possible, dates will be published in advance.
· The Get-in and Get-out dates will be published on your rehearsal schedule. All cast members are expected to help on these days. No exceptions.
· If you are unfamiliar with the lay-out of Dereham Memorial Hall, please contact our secretary Paul on email@example.com, who will arrange a tour for you.
If a Current Member not involved in the production wishes to help out during performances, please consult the relevant show Managers. If they fail to do so, they will not be permitted to take part.
· Cast Members are to be available for all performances. Please ensure you can commit to the production. If you can’t, inform the Production Manager as soon as possible.
· All people on the property must mark their entrance and exit from The Studio in the show-week check list. This is to be found at the top of the stairs, on the mirror. Please only fill this in on the day of a show and not before or after.
· The Studio is out-of-bounds during performance days to anyone who is not in the cast, production team, a Committee Member, or who has not been approved by the relevant Show Managers (i.e., Stage Manager, Technicians, Wardrobe Mistress, Make-up artist, etc.). Anyone who has does not fulfil this criteria will be asked to leave. No exceptions.
· Cast members will be accommodated in the Studio and the Memorial Hall’s dressing room during the show. Please have respect for your fellow performers and their dressing spaces.
· Cast members are to arrive at the Studio for Make-up from 5:30pm/6:00pm and no later than 7:00pm. No cast member will be permitted in the foyer, bar or auditorium of the Memorial Hall after 7:00pm.
o Michele Blanks will be your Wardrobe Mistress for the production. As well as dressing, Michele also creates the costumes for the show, in conjunction with the Director. Whilst consideration will be given to sizes, cast members are expected to wear what they have been assigned.
o Unless told otherwise, cast members are responsible for their own footwear and accessories. You will be advised on these by Michele.
o Costumes are to be worn only when Michele is on the premises.
o No costumes are to leave the Studio. Costumes are not, in any way, to be altered unless Michele carries out the work herself.
· Make-up and Hair:
o Sophie Blanks is our resident make-up, hair and wig designer/artist. She and her team are responsible for all make-up and hair on the show. Sophie works in conjunction with the Director on the designs and, as with costume, if you are assigned make-up, hair dressing or a wig, you will be expected to be seen on-stage as they have decreed.
o If you wish to apply your own make-up, you may only do so with Sophie’s permission.
o All make-up and wig dressings are to be removed at the end of the show before you leave the Studio.
o Cast members are responsible for supplying their own make-up wipes, hairspray and, if you are wearing a wig, wig-caps and hair-clips (in the appropriate colour).
o During show week the Stage Manager and their Deputy will be in charge of the production. In order to assist them and their stage crew, please ensure that when you’re not on-stage you are not obstructing the wings and backstage spaces.
o Props are handled by Pennie Jones or a deputy. If you have a personal prop, please make sure you collect it from and return it to the props table in The Studio when you have finished with it.
o Do not move any staging or furniture back-stage unless you have been asked.
· Other areas:
o Only sound and lighting operators (and other relevant personnel) are permitted in the designated areas. Guests will be expected to pay for a ticket. No exceptions.
o Similarly only Musicians will be permitted in the pit area. No exceptions.
o The Front-of-House team will be arranged by Sue Cashfield, and Bill and Marjorie Dingle, and Colin Harris. If you have not spoken to them in advance, you will not be permitted on the property without paying for a ticket. No exceptions.