DEREHAM THEATRE COMPANY
GUIDELINES FOR PERFORMERS
SUBSCRIPTIONS & FEES:
· Annual Membership Subscription of £25.00 (£15.00 for those under 19 on or after 1st September) is to be paid by all cast members no later than the first rehearsal of any given production. Please note: your Subscription covers your insurance costs on our property and failure to make payment at the first rehearsal will mean you will be ineligible to take part in the show.
· All cast are to pay for scripts and/or scores. Script charges are to be decided by the Committee ahead of the show and potential cast members will be notified before auditions where possible.
· The Committee may choose to charge an additional ‘Show Fee’. This will be decided by the Committee ahead of the show and potential cast members will be notified before auditions.
· If required a payment plan can be arranged in consultation with the Treasurer. Please notify us ahead of the first rehearsal.
· By agreeing to the terms on the Audition page of the website, you have guaranteed that you will attend all rehearsals for which you are called (informing the production team in advance of any exceptions), give your priority to this production and attend all essential rehearsals. Failure to do so may result in your participation in this production being reviewed.
· Everyone is required to sign in and out of The Studio on the sheet provided.
· Only Current Members of Dereham Theatre Company are permitted to be on our property during rehearsals unless specifically requested by the Management Committee or Production Team. No exceptions.
· If you are unable to make a rehearsal, please inform the Production Manager.
· If the Director and/or production team is dissatisfied with a cast member’s commitment they can apply to the Committee to have the cast member replaced (as per Grievance Procedure guidelines – see separate document).
· Dereham Theatre Company actively encourages under 16s to take part in our productions, usually (though not exclusively) on our Annual pantomimes.
· Parent/guardians of youth members must be available to chaperone across the rehearsal and production run. If you, as parent/guardian, are in the cast or part of the production, you will need to provide an additional chaperone.
· As per ‘Children in Performance’ guidelines, those aged 16 years or under are only expected to attend rehearsals they are called for, where chaperones are provided. They will not be permitted to attend rehearsals where there are no chaperones.
· For further information, please contact a member of the Management Committee who put you in touch with the Child Protection Officer.
· Cast members are required to take part in any and all promotional work for the show, i.e., flyer drops, radio/television appearances, photographic shoots etc. Wherever possible, dates will be published in advance.
· The Get-in and Get-out dates will be published on your rehearsal schedule. All cast members are expected to help on these days. No exceptions.
· If you are unfamiliar with the lay-out of Dereham Memorial Hall, please inform the Production Manager.
If a Current Member not involved in the production wishes to help out during performances, please consult the relevant show Managers. If they fail to do so, they will not be permitted to take part.
· Cast Members must be available for all performances. Please ensure you can commit to the production, otherwise inform the Production Manager as soon as possible.
· Everyone on the property must mark their entrance and exit from The Studio on the sheet provided.
· Only members of the cast or production team should be in the backstage area during the performances. Anyone who does not fulfil this criteria will be asked to leave.
· Cast members will be accommodated in the Studio and the Memorial Hall’s dressing room during the show. Please have respect for your fellow performers and their dressing spaces.
· Cast members are to arrive at the Studio from 5:00pm and no later than 7:00pm. No cast member will be permitted in the foyer, bar or auditorium of the Memorial Hall after 7:00pm.
o All cast members are expected to wear what they have been assigned.
o Unless otherwise arranged, cast are responsible for their own footwear and accessories. You will be advised on these by the wardrobe mistress.
o Costumes are only to be worn when the wardrobe mistress or other allocated person is present
o No costumes are to leave the Studio.
o Costumes are not, in any way, to be altered by anyone other than the wardrobe team.
· Make-up and Hair:
o All cast are expected to wear the assigned make-up, hair dressing or wig.
o If you have any problems with the facilities provided, please speak to the allocated person(s).
o All make-up and wig dressings are to be removed at the end of the show before you leave the Studio.
o Cast members are responsible for supplying their own make-up wipes, hairspray and, if you are wearing a wig, wig-caps and hair-clips (in the appropriate colour).
o During show week the Stage Manager and their Deputy are responsible for the running of the production.
o Please do not obstruct the wings and backstage spaces.
o Please respect the props provided.
o If you have a personal prop, please make sure you collect it from and return it to the props table when you have finished with it.
o Do not move any staging or furniture back-stage unless you have been asked.
· Other areas:
o Only sound and lighting operators (and other relevant personnel) are permitted in the designated areas. Guests will be expected to pay for a ticket.
o Only Musicians will be permitted in the pit area.
If you have any issues or queries, please speak to a member of the Management Committee.